There are several ways to obtain an allocation on an LC system:
- Talk to your computer coordinator to access an existing bank
- Request an LDRD Allocation, if applicable
- Purchase an allocation (contact Greg Tomaschke)
How do allocations work?
LC manages and tracks your use of computer resources when your job is scheduled by Slurm or LSF. Charge (aka bank) accounts are established for every project and assigned a target share of the machine. Every job a user submits must specify a charge account or a default will be assigned. The computing resource usage (typically processor minutes) will be charged to the associated account. The fair-share scheduling scheme is used for batch jobs on all LC production clusters. See Multifactor Job Priority for more information, or our comprehensive batch system tutorial.
What if I need a larger allocation or use of an entire machine?
You should request a DAT (dedicated application time):
- For ASC machines, use the ASC DAT Request
- For M&IC machines, use the M&IC DAT Request