LC SCF Printcap Requests
The policy and procedures for installing, using, and removing "printcap entries" on LC's SCF computers to direct output to remote local area network (LAN) printers via Closed LabNet are available as CSP Policy 4374. The form to request a printcap entry on LC SCF computers is Appendix A to CSP P4374.
LC OCF Printcap Requests
To request a printcap entry for an LLNL printer be added to the LC OCF, please provide the following information via e-mail to the LC Hotline.
- Building and room in which printer is located.
- Name of division that owns the printer.
- Vendor/model of the printer.
- Printer IP address.
- Name of the printer administrator or the responsible contact person.
- Does the printer print banners, or do you want banners?
- What type of input can the printer accept? (e.g., text, PostScript, Tek)
- Does the printer support color?
- Do you want a transparency queue?