*2 nodes: rzgenie[2,5]
Each LC platform is a shared resource. Users are expected to adhere to the following usage policies to ensure that the resources can be effectively and productively used by everyone. You can view the policies on a system itself by running:
Web Version of RZGenie
There are two login nodes, and 43 pdebug (interactive) nodes (no batch nodes). Each node has 36 2.6GHz Intel Xeon cores and 128GB memory. Hyperthreading is currently enabled.
Jobs are scheduled per core. There is 1 scheduling pool:
pdebug—1548 cores (43 nodes)
RZgenie jobs are scheduled using SLURM. Scheduling is not technically enforced so users are expected to monitor their own behavior and keep themselves within the current limits while following the policies written below:
- Users will not compile on the login nodes during daytime hours
- A user can have a maximum of 108 processors with a runtime of up to
- 4 hours in the queue during the day with the following exception:
- An occasional job for debugging that takes 109-162 processors for a maximum of one hour can be run as long as it is the user's only job in the queue.
- The queue (sorted by user) can be found by typing "squeue -S u" at the prompt after setting the environment variable:
SQUEUE_FORMAT='%.7i %.9P %.8j %.8u %.2t %.10M %.6D %.4C %R'
- Daytime is 0800-2000 Mondays-Fridays not including holidays
- No production runs allowed, only development and debugging
- Users will avoid computationally intensive work on the login node
- We are all family and expect developers to play nice. However if someone's job(s) have taken over the machine
- Call them or send them an email
- Call Ines Heinz at 3-7900 and she will call them and/or kill the job
- Call Ines's backup (Ellen at 2-4691) and she will get the job killed
- This approach will be revisited later and additional limits will be set if necessary. If someone monopolizes the machine, developers can always shift to other RZ resources
Scratch Disk Space: Consult RZ File Systems Web Page: