See the chart at the bottom of the page for file system and storage quotas
- All production OCF and SCF LC systems share home directories that reside on global file system /g, NFS mounted from several dedicated servers.
- See EZFILES and Home Directories for details.
Parallel File Systems
- Parallel file systems are large, shared, file systems used for parallel I/O.
- All machines except CORAL machines use Lustre open source parallel file systems.
- CORAL machines (Ray, RZManta, Shark; Lassen, RZAnsel, Sierra) use GPFS from IBM.
- For additional information, see EZFILES and the LC Resources Tutorials Parallel File Systems Information.
Temporary File Systems
- Various temporary file systems (global and local) are for system use, temporary storage of I/O local to each machine, or large temporary storage for I/O shared among many machines.
- See EZFILES and Temporary File Systems for details.
/usr/workspace File Systems
- 2 TB of NFS mounted file space is provided for each user and group.
- These file systems are similar to home directories, but are not backed up. For details, see EZFILES and /usr/workspace File Systems.
/usr/gapps and /usr/gdata File Systems
- LC provides shared, collaborative, NFS mounted file space for user developed and supported applications and data on LC systems.
- See /usr/gapps, /usr/gdata File Systems and /usr/gapps File System for details.
- High Performance Storage System (HPSS) archival storage is available on all LC production systems.
- For more information, see EZSTORAGE, Archival HPSS Storage, and the HPSS User Manual.
File System Status
- The file system status displays real-time status information on LC file systems. It also shows which file systems are mounted by each cluster and file system bandwidth between clusters.
Quotas for File Systems and Storage
|LC Storage Type||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Back up to tape?|
|Parallel File Systems|
(GPFS - pending deployment)
(Vast - pending deployment)
|20TB/1M||75TB/10M Contact LC Hotline to request increase||Contact LC Hotline to initiate conversation with Livermore Computing and programmatic stakeholders||No||No|
|Contact LC Hotline to initiate conversation with Livermore Computing and programmatic stakeholders|
†these quotas are per directory, not per user as in all other cases