Quotas for File Systems and Storage
|LC Storage Type||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Back up to tape?|
|Parallel File Systems|
(GPFS - pending deployment)
(Vast - pending deployment)
Fill out this form to request increase
|Contact LC Hotline to initiate conversation with Livermore Computing and programmatic stakeholders||No||No|
|Contact LC Hotline to initiate conversation with Livermore Computing and programmatic stakeholders|
†these quotas are per directory, not per user as in all other cases
NOTE for quotas with a "/", the second number equals inode limits in M (million) number increments where appropriate.
- All production OCF (CZ and RZ), iSNSI and SCF LC systems share home directories that reside on global file system /g, NFS mounted from several dedicated servers.
- See Using LC Files Systems and Home Directories for details.
Parallel File Systems
- Parallel file systems are large, shared, file systems used for parallel I/O.
- An overview of the different types of parallel file systems deployed at LC can be found on the Parallel File Systems page. This page includes details on LC's quota policy for these systems.
- All machines except CORAL machines use Lustre open source parallel file systems.
- CORAL machines (Ray, RZManta, Shark; Lassen, RZAnsel, Sierra) use GPFS from IBM.
- For additional information, see Using LC Files Systems and the LC Resources Tutorials Parallel File Systems Information.
Temporary File Systems
- Various temporary file systems (global and local) are for system use, temporary storage of I/O local to each machine, or large temporary storage for I/O shared among many machines.
- See Using LC Files Systems and Temporary File Systems for details.
/usr/workspace File Systems
- 2 TB of NFS mounted file space is provided for each user and group.
- These file systems are similar to home directories, but are not backed up. For details, see Using LC Files Systems and /usr/workspace File Systems.
/usr/gapps and /usr/gdata File Systems
- LC provides shared, collaborative, NFS mounted file space for user developed and supported applications and data on LC systems.
- See /usr/gapps, /usr/gdata File Systems and /usr/gapps File System for details.
Archival Storage Hardware
- High Performance Archival Storage System (HPSS) is available on all LC production systems.
- For more information, see Using LC Archival Storage or Archival HPSS Storage
File System Status
- The file system status displays real-time status information on LC file systems. It also shows which file systems are mounted by each cluster and file system bandwidth between clusters.
- CZ: CZ File System Status or mylc.llnl.gov
- RZ: RZ File System Status or rzmylc.llnl.gov
- SCF: SCF File System Status or mylc.llnl.gov
- iSNSI: File system status - TBA